5G Communications - Uninvited visit purporting to be on behalf of BT to explain upgrate to system an conduct survey

London, England 3 comments

An "engineer" from 5G Communications arrived uninvited at our offices with a questionnaire and diagrams and spoke technically about recent upgrades of BT lines to optic fibre.He gave the impression he was acting as an agent of BT and was here on technical issues.

His questions covered our outside lines, internal telephone system, broadband, mobile phones and who managed our calls and lines and became ever more intrusive and unlikely to have any connection to BT but he could not answer my basic question of "why exactly are you here?" He kept repeating stock phrases which had no meaning.

He was reluctant to go until I spoke to his "boss" on his mobile.He said he had to complete his survey before he left as if it was my problem.

The boss said that a named person in our company had requested a visit which was not true.

Review about: Telephone System.

Comments

London, England, United Kingdom #735207

I was contacted to say that our business now qualified for access to fibre optic broadband and that a service engineer could come out free of charge and assess our system with a view to switching over.Two guys from 5G came out and undertook a survey of the system, confirmed this was possible and at the same time audited my bills and gave me a reduction on charges

It transpires that everything I was told was a lie, they came in under false pretences, we do not have access to fibre optic.

They very cleverly switch your lines (approx 4 days after they have been and before the current provider has been notified) to make it more difficult for you to get out of the contract.There is no cooling off period just a straight three months payment to leave.

DO NOT LET THEM IN THE ENGINEERS ARE SALES PEOPLE - DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT - IF HAVE, GET STRAIGHT ONTO YOUR PROVIDER TO BLOCK THE TRANSFER OF LINES AND GET THEM VIA LCR PROGRAMMING TO STOP THEM GETTING YOUR CALLS

High Wycombe, England, United Kingdom #602351

We received a surprise vist from two hi-vis wearing engineers yesterday.I'm a suspicious *** and thought this doesn't sound right.

It was exactly as the person explained above, word for word.

I have also received three phone calls from their office in the past month all reading from the same script.When I tell each person their company has already made the call they get quite angry with me.

Anyhow 5G will not be let across my company door mat ever again.

I too have had three visits from 5G engineers in the last few years, saying they need to do site visits and that it takes two hours and they need to look through my bills.When I asked why they didnt have access to my bills, which they ultimatley send, they had no answers.

They do a lot of sharp intaking of breath talking about how old our systems are and how they need upgrading etc.

It is a saleman in a high vis jacket!Not happy!